Generic placeholder image

Heading

Donec sed odio dui. Etiam porta sem malesuada magna mollis euismod. Nullam id dolor id nibh ultricies vehicula ut id elit. Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Praesent commodo cursus magna.

View details »

Generic placeholder image

Heading

Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh.

View details »

Generic placeholder image

Heading

Donec sed odio dui. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Vestibulum id ligula porta felis euismod semper. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus.

View details »

Nagcarlan District Hospital

History

 

            In 1957, the NAGCARLAN EMERGENCY HOSPITAL had been a realization to the people of Nagcarlan and its neighboring towns of Liliw, Magdalena, Rizal and Majayjay, Province of Laguna.  By legislation, through the untiring effort of Ex-Senator Wenceslao Rancap Lagumbay who was then a Congressman at that time representing the second district of Laguna.  The hospital was formally opened on June 7, 1958 under the stewardship of Dr. Jose T. Kamatoy, Chief of the Laguna Provincial Hospital as the temporary Officer-in-Charge.  But before it was formally opened on June 7, 1958, the old Puericulture Center of the Municipality has been renovated as its site by adding rooms and facilities to serve the people in the locality.  As the hospital started its operation, the personnel were composed of only seventeen (17) personnel: an administrative officer, a clerk, a resident physician, a chief nurse, a ward nurse, a pharmacist, 3 attendants, 2 institutional workers, a cook, a food service worker and a building maintenance man.  Although under staff, efficient medical and nursing care were given to patients.  On February 6, 1959, a permanent chief of hospital has been appointed in the person of Dr. Luis A. Genato followed by Dr. Estanislao Resurreccion on October 1, 1967, Dr. Francisco P. Tabia on January 8, 1970, Dr. Philip P. Plantilla on August 15, 1980 to November 24, 2001.  After the retirement of Dr. Plantilla, Dr. Teresa B. Pesidas was designated as the Officer-in-Charge from November 25, 2001 to August 18, 2002.  Dr. Rene P. Bagamasbad was appointed as the Chief of Hospital and assumed his responsibility on August 19, 2002 to August 5, 2003.  On August 6, 2003, Dr. Bagamasbad was transferred to Dr. Jose P. Rizal Memorial District Hospital.  Dr. Monalisa F. Cosme was the Chief of Hospital from August 6, 2003 to December 31, 2004 followed by Dr. Jose F. Guia on January 3, 2005 to April 2, 2006, Dr. Reynato R. Añonuevo on April 3, 2006 to March 2011 then Dr. Judy A Rondilla on April 2011 to present. As to the development, from the renovated Puericulture Center, the hospital was transferred to a newly constructed building on October 2, 1962 just opposite the site for its permanent occupancy.  Since then, and in addition to this, a records room, three (3)  wards and toilet were constructed in its basement sometime in 1968, a kitchen in 1971, separate out-patient department building in 1974 and women’s dormitory and administrative service department in 1980 and the funds used in these improvement mostly come from the savings of the hospital.
 

 

GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

           The Nagcarlan District Hospital, a government hospital is located on F. Baltazar St., Nagcarlan, Laguna about fifty (50) meters from the Municipal Building of the town.  It has a land area of more or less 10,000 sq. m. that houses the main building.  For its catchments areas it serves the town of Rizal, Liliw, Magdalena, Majayjay and Nagcarlan.