Generic placeholder image

Heading

Donec sed odio dui. Etiam porta sem malesuada magna mollis euismod. Nullam id dolor id nibh ultricies vehicula ut id elit. Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Praesent commodo cursus magna.

View details »

Generic placeholder image

Heading

Duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh.

View details »

Generic placeholder image

Heading

Donec sed odio dui. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Vestibulum id ligula porta felis euismod semper. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus.

View details »

San Pablo City District Hospital

Hospital Profile

VISION
 

A QUALITY AND EXCELLENT SERVICE OF A TERTIARY HOSPITAL

MISSION
 

DELIVERY OF EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE HEALTH SERVICES THROUGH INNOVATIVE AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTAINANCE OF COMPETENT, COMPASSIONATE HEALTH STAFF AND PERSONNEL UPKEEPING AND UPGRADING OF EQUIPMENT FOR EXCELLENT HEALTH SERVICE

BACKGROUND (HISTORY OF THE HOSPITAL
 
 
           
 
           As early as 1928 when many of the present government hospitals in the country were not yet in existence, there was already in this locality a hospital facility known as the SAN PABLO HOSPITAL catering to the needs not only of the people of the City of San Pablo but also those from its neighboring towns and municipalities. The hospital building then was a two-storey concrete edifice with an authorize bed capacity of twenty (20).
 
            The ravage of the Second World War did not spare the hospital from destruction. It was totally destroyed and reduced to ashes during the liberation of the country from the Japanese occupation in the early part of 1945. In 1946 when the condition obtaining in the country was returning to normalcy, the need for hospital services became obvious. Hence, a make-shift hospital was temporarily put up and operated at the Old Catholic convent near the Roman Catholic Church.
 
            Out of the funds allotted from the defunct Philippine War Damage Commission and augmented by the aid from the local government of San Pablo and the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, the reconstruction of the hospital started in 1947, and completed in July 1948 with an initial bed capacity of 25. It was built on the same site of the former hospital building situated in the eastern part of the City of San Pablo overlooking the scenic Sampaloc Lake.
 
            Hand in hand with the rapid demographic changes and development in the area, the hospital gradually expanded through the years in terms of physical plant and service capability. Additional and annex buildings were put-up. Most notable of which was the Nutrition Rehabilitation Building constructed and donated by members of the Apex its field operations. It was in this concept that the district hospitals were under the direct supervision and control of the Provincial Health Office of Laguna. Its area of coverage was extended to three ( 3) Rural Health Units (Alaminos, Bay, Calauan) and seventeen(17) Barangay Health Stations covering said areas.
 
            In view of the passage of the Local Government Code of 1991, the implementation of the Devolution process took effect on April 1, 1993. The bedding relation between the national agency and the local government collaborate to improve both the performance and quality of community life. With this aspect, powers and authority of the Department of Health, as well as its duties and responsibilities were transferred to the local government. Our hospital, being a district hospital, is one among those devolved to the Provincial Government of Laguna as provided for in Section 9 and Section 17 of the Department Rules and Regulations implementing the Local Government Code of 1991. It was in this concept that the Rural Health Units were reverted to their respective municipalities.
 
            In 1997, upon assessment and evaluation of the Provincial Government of the status of the hospital and its facilities, they decided to rehabilitate the main hospital building into a three-storey concrete edifice. Its total demolition was effected in November 1997 and construction started. Pursuant to Panlalawigang Kautusan Blg. 15, T-1997, the surgery and OB-Gyne Departments together with its manpower and equipments were transferred temporarily to the Nagcarlan District Hospital in Nagcarlan, Laguna, carrying its mission-TO SERVE.
 
            As a consequence of such transfer, the hospital was downgraded to a Primary Hospital and difficulties have been encountered by patients and personnel as well. The hospital employees signify and express their common desire to revert the said services to its origin and prefer and intact hospital despite the cramp situation, a-bait, it is understandable because of the on-going construction of the new hospital which will be highly beneficial in the future. Reversion was approved with the unending support of the Provincial Government, providing an operating room, a delivery room and a nursery which contributes so much in upgrading the hospital to a secondary level hospital.
 
            It took three (3) years constructing the said building and finally it come into existence. It is now an impressive building which looks like a hotel rather than a hospital. It has a basement and a roof deck and all facilities therein conform to the requirements of the Department of Health.
 
            On November 29, 2000, formal turnover was consummated and building was inaugurated. Again, with the whole hearted support of the Provincial Government for the benefits of its constituents, the hospital is now equipped with the technical and scientific equipments and has passed the Department of Health’s licensing requirements for a Tertiary Level Hospital and is duly accredited with the Philippine Health’s Insurance Commission as its partner in delivering quality health care services to our poor and needy patients.
 

            And finally, the full rehabilitation of the San Pablo District Hospital, now the PANLALAWIGANG PAGAMUTAN NG LAGUNA-San Pablo, by virtue of a Board Resolution of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan ng Laguna No. 1061, Series of 2000, is a concrete proof of the Provincial Government and the hospital’s commitment of improving the quality of health care services to its people with the highest degree of PUBLIC SERVICE. 

ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
 

 

FACILITIES